Labels

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Remembering 9/11

Last night was the first night of my Accounting 555 class with Dr. Mark Frigo.  I have to admit Accounting wasn't one of my favorite undergraduate classes and aside from budgeting and monthly allocations I haven't had to work with T-accounts for years.  

Thankfully I've heard nothing but positive things about Dr. Frigo and after last night's class I can tell he's truly one of those teachers who cares and wants to make learning the information fun.  I'm really looking forward to his class this quarter.

More importantly though was how he kicked off the orientation.  Prior to arrival, Dr. Frigo sent an email dedicating our first class to Todd Beamer, Kellstadt MBA Class of 1993 and Hero of United Flight 93.  Todd is one of the passengers who fought to take control of the aircraft from terrorists.  
Sharing something as tragic as this is never easy to do.  However, I commend Dr. Frigo for  living the motto, "We will never forget."

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this, Darren. I did not know about Todd. The "Let's roll" part sent chills straight through me.

    ~Jaclynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. I did not know about Todd either and was very appreciate for Dr. Frigo sharing his life with us.

    ReplyDelete